AVIC411.com

Guidance is not available in this area

Hi all,

Has anyone had an issue with a D1 where when you program a route, it only uses main streets and if it does use smaller streets, the route is purple. When you get to those smaller streets, the lady announces that "Guidance is not available in this area."

I also have a D3 and using the same route, it doesn't happen. I live in a popular city (calgary) so..

I've also reseted the D1 and that didn't fix anything..

Any ideas?

CiD

You're saying that it works in the D3 but not the D1?

Well that means that they don't have map information in the area you're trying to travel through. Theres nothing defective with your D1.

According to T, Pioneer is releasing upgrade discs for the D1/2, N1/2/3 that will be the same as the new maps for the D3 and Z2 in April. You'll have to wait until then to get the guidance to work in that area.

ahh thought so... i noticed this started happening when i upgraded discs on the D1 6 months ago... I'll wait till the new one comes out.

FYI: The information on the D3 series is probably less than a year old. Calgary has been doing a lot of road upgrades and i can see that all of those upgrades have been reflected on the D3.

CiD

ahh thought so... i noticed this started happening when i upgraded discs on the D1 6 months ago... I'll wait till the new one comes out.

FYI: The information on the D3 series is probably less than a year old. Calgary has been doing a lot of road upgrades and i can see that all of those upgrades have been reflected on the D3.

CiD

Thats nice to hear considering I'm swapping my D2 for the D3.