AVIC411.com

I just purchased an AVIC D1 for my BMW 330i. Wired it up and found out that it wont play a cd! This seems like the most simple function of this unit (other than fm) and doesnt seem like there could be much room for error. Can anyone help! - oh, and I got it off ebay

yeah, its not a ripped cd. Its a store bought cd, and ive tried several different ones too. Only other think i can think of doing is to cut all the connections i have made to the wiring harness and rewire them (maybe two wires arent all the way connected). I appreciate any help.

sounds like a possibility. It does load and the tracks pop up but only with a line, no track names. And the song count is going at the top right hand side off the screen like its playing but no sound. I guess ill try undoing the wiring to the harness and rewire it up. I hope thats the only problem!

The CD has to have CD text written on it along with the track names for it to display the text.

Most CDs nowadays are produced with CD text, but its possible that the one you are using wasn't.

You can always copy the CD to your computer, and burn it with CD text. You'll have to use a program like Nero.

Thnks for the help guys. It was my own duma$$ fault in the wiring. I hooked up the blue wire from the harness labeled "power antenna" to the wire on the D1 labeled "auto antenna remote control". WRONG. Once i disconected this wire and hooked it up to the other blue wire coming from the D1 (which was spliced by the previous owner and isnt labeled), all systems go. Cant say thanks enuff for everyone who posts on these forums.