AVIC411.com

Pioneer Deal

Do you guys ever see deals on Kenwood stuff like the Crutchfield deal currently on Pioneer? I really want the Kenwood DNX7100, but the 2 things that keep bringing me back to the D3 are the pricing, and this forum, where there's so much support for the AVIC line....there doens't seem to be a Kenwood forum where you get help like here.

I too was considering that kenwood unit. They make great stuff that lasts. What made me go with the D3? Price and the deal from CF were the main things. Also, the D3 can do most if not all of the things the kenwood does.

I think the bottom line for me was if I could live with the 1 slot. In the end, I figured I would keep my NAV disk in there most of the time and run music and possibly videos from an ipod, maybe add a cd changer and use sirius for listening to tunes.

So, now I'm just waiting to get the stuff. UPS says it's on the way. Good luck man!

*edit* BTW, I have not only never seen a deal like that on a Kenwood, I haven't seen a deal like this on any brand. Period. The CF deal is outstanding!

Deals happen on CF, but they are random. Sometime last year CF was offering the avic-s1 with their D2's and also offering some other freebie.

For some reason CF's Pioneer rep loves them.

Kenwoods are easy to bypass - just ground the parking brake. That's it.

As for quality, I'm not sure. I had a DDX7015 that completely died after 3 months. Then again, anomalies occur with just about any product.

Deals happen on CF, but they are random. Sometime last year CF was offering the avic-s1 with their D2's and also offering some other freebie.

For some reason CF's Pioneer rep loves them.

Kenwoods are easy to bypass - just ground the parking brake. That's it.

As for quality, I'm not sure. I had a DDX7015 that completely died after 3 months. Then again, anomalies occur with just about any product.

It was not love but a cool deal with pioneer. Cf made a killing off of it. I too made a killings. If you were a pioneer dealer. And you sold a d2. Your customer would get a free s1. Pioneer in turned gave you one free too. Now look at cf. All the d2's they sold and all the free s1 they had to sell. I gave away 15 of them to familly and friends. Alot of shops didn't even put out this promotion and keep them in inventory to sell or give away :)

They are now throwing in a free backup video camera w/ a D3. Use the 15% off 3 pioneer items over $49 (3A185) expires 3/30/07 and you've got a great deal.

The pioneer speakers pretty much suck though - I'm going to try to send mine back and get infinity instead.

PM me if you would like a referral code (save another $20).

R123

My question is who's going to install it for you, one of their tire jockeys? Also might want to note something on that website.

This item is covered by Costco's guarantee to refund your purchase price if you are not completely satisfied. Costco's guarantee applies, even though this item may not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty, because Costco is not an "authorized" dealer of the merchandise.

Costco recently changed their return policy on TV's/camera's etc.

It's now 90 days (not forever)

I'm in California - this just took effect about 2-3 weeks ago and it will be going nationwide I believe.

I'm not sure where car Stereo falls into their new return policy, but take for example the TV policy includes a/v projectors...

Just an FYI to everyone...