AVIC411.com

Sorry if this has been posted before, but the search does not seem to be working - it returns no results no matter what you type

What are the differences between the D2 and D3? From the research that I have done, the D3 seems to be a newer model then the D2, right? The MSRP on the D3 is $500 lower, so what is being sacrificed by going to the D3. The only thing I could see is the Dual-Slot CD/DVD reader is lost. I see that as a huge loss, as I really dont want to be shuffeling between my music disc and NAV disc whenever I want to use the NAV. Does the D3 use some sort of trick to use the navigation without switching the NAV disc in and out? What does the D3 have that the D2 doesnt? Any other reasons to get 1 over the other?

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for the link.

That really didnt go into much detail about the features that the D3 has though. I did find the link to the users manual, where I learned that you have to put the NAV DVD in the single slot everytime you have to use it. What poor engineering on Pioneer's part. That is such a hassle to me that it is basically a deal breaker! Please tell me that there is something that I didnt read which allows for the NAV to be used without the DVD.

So what does the D3 do that the D2 doesnt. Is there any reason why I shouldnt get the D2, which allows me to run both NAV DVD and audio CD at the same time, over the D3?

Thanks,

Tom

It's been discussed. Here's a quick recap.

D2 has a motorized screen which tilts. D3 doesn't.

D3 seems to have a better software interface, particularly iPod & Sirius.

Yup there's only 1 slot, but the D3 has a memory buffer that can store about 30? miles of guidance w/o the disc.

If playing CD's is a problem you can always add a CD changer to the D3. And Pioneer would love for you to do so!