AVIC411.com

Is this the first Pioneer to use Windows shell as the engine? If not, have any of the other units been hacked to access the underlying shell? The reason I ask is because my Magellan has been hacked to show the underlying windows OS and install a DivX player, just curious if this would even be a possibility with the Z1.
[quote name="JasonH"]Anything is possible, especially with windows. :roll:

However, someone will have to figure out how to read the Z1's HDD.[/quote]

Perhaps, but on my magellan it was a key suquence to reveal the underlying OS. We can only hope it will be something so simple!
Really? Thats great!
Maybe it's something like the N1/D1 Service Menu.

On the N1, to get to the service menu:
[quote]
HOLD Eject, Press Reset button.
Screen will go in, and come back out with a black screen and a message about pressing the reset button.
You can releae the Eject button.
Now enter the code using your joystick: [b]UP, Right, UP, Right, Down, Right, Down, Right, then Press in the joystick.[/b][/quote]
[quote name="JasonH"]
On the N1, to get to the service menu:
[quote]
HOLD Eject, Press Reset button.
Screen will go in, and come back out with a black screen and a message about pressing the reset button.
You can releae the Eject button.
Now enter the code using your joystick: [b]UP, Right, UP, Right, Down, Right, Down, Right, then Press in the joystick.[/b][/quote][/quote]

What a coincidence, that's the exact same procedure to get all the weapons in Halo on the xbox. :D
And if I remember correctly it was

Up up, Down Down, Left Right, B A, Select Start!

Either way, it's A CLASSIC.

I'm new here, just got the Z1 in the mail, getting it installed this week, so I'm sure I'll be popping in and asking for advice, or giving some "IF I CAN"

On a side note, my buddy who is installing my deck, says I won't have to flash my lights or anything to get the video and everything to play as I drive, I have the ancient 5700, and all I have to do is push a button and it works, so he said "same concept" whatever that means.

I'll let you all know what I find out.
oh contra, the joys your brought us. :)

We've seen a few people learn the hard way, even though their installers swear they have a bypass that works, that "flashing" in the only way.

Make sure your installer doesn't ground your parking break wire 24/7 or stick relays on the gps/speed sense wiring.
[quote name="ADAMB06"]I will definitely make sure to tell him not to ground it.
Why though? hahaha, like I said I have no Idea what to do?

D-Day is in 2 days, I'm excited!!![/quote]

Because if you ground 24/7 with no mod you will get an error message everytime you turn on. if you ground 24/7 with a mod you might get an error when you boot. Bottom line, it's not needed if you flash your lights or use a mod.
I got ya. I'll make sure that he doesn't do that, I am having it put in tomorrow morning, so I'll have some pics for ya, and maybe some good news as to how to bypass the security stuff.

Thanks again, this website is amazing for newbies like myself!!!