AVIC411.com

Z1 Navigation Upgrade to Z2

Supposedly they order a set of disks for each customer from Pioneer. Open up the disks to get a number, get the device number from the Z1, go to a website and enter those two numbers and it spits out the authorization code to enter in the Z1. Pop in the first disk, enter the code, wait 1.5-2 hours, swap in the second disk, wait some more. Done

Supposedly they order a set of disks for each customer from Pioneer. Open up the disks to get a number, get the device number from the Z1, go to a website and enter those two numbers and it spits out the authorization code to enter in the Z1. Pop in the first disk, enter the code, wait 1.5-2 hours, swap in the second disk, wait some more. Done

that is exactly the case

the thing is the car has to be running for at least 3-4 hours. so you have to put it on a charger. thats how the desision was made for the dealers to do it. and no pirate copies either.

Yes, I can read. I just find it retarded that they would force all of us to go to a dealer. It is by far more convenient to just buy the discs ourselves and install it.

And not to offend you, but you have been wrong on several occasions, such as when you stated the Z2 would be able to play divx. So until the discs actually come out, I will take everything people say with a grain of salt.

several times but you can only find one?

i admitted that i was wrong and i was looking at the d3 specs

but look at the post above and i wasn't the only one that said that you have to go to the dealer to get the update

but you can read......

if you can read, notice that whtghstwrx said supposedly. He never actually confirmed it. This is how rumors/false information gets spread when people take out the word supposedly/allegedly and just say the rest.

Listen, I am not going to list everytime you were wrong, but that last one about the divx was a big one. All I am saying is that we should take everything with a grain of salt, and not spread information until you actually test it with real product and not off some spec sheet. I am sure you havent actually gotten your hands on one, nor the discs.