AVIC411.com

PAC sterring wheel remote problem and antenna adapter

Good evening to all in the forum. Just finished installing my AVIC D3 on my 2007 ford EDGE. It looks and sound awesome, but I encounter a couple of problems. First. my stering wheel remote adapter is not working. I follow the instructions to the letter even adding the 100ohm resistor to the white cable connected to pin 18. Any suggestions. Secon I did not know ford had a different antenna connector.Where can I get one. It looks almos like the satellite connector. Your help with this issues are greatly appreciated. :D:D

First just go to Circuit city or best buy, and ask for a chrysler antenna adapter. I have a lincoln zephyr.

Second problem, what exactly is the device doing? Meaning can you atleast input the correct vehicle version? Do you get the right number of led flashes when you turn on to acc position? Give more detail.

Make sure you hook up ground, power to switched, then cut purple wire and connect the inside purple wire to resistor end, and other end connect to white wire. Then also take the white wire and connect it to the swc+ pin 18 on car harness. then also ground pin 19 (swc-) on car harness.

Burn

Fix the antenna connection problem, thanks for the advice, Sabre. But the pac still gives me problems, Everything is connected the way you told me I get the 9 set of lights, but when it is time to program I only get one light and it does not come back on after the first programing of the volume button. Any advice. Thanks

When programming the PAC do you have the radio, pac and if your car has a seperate computer deisplay like my SAAB does. I have had this issue before all things need to be connected and powered on for it to work.

Also try turning the car completely on instead of just acc.

So it programs for your ford, you get 9 flashes after turning the car to acc?

Then you hit the program button once and the led should stay on is that happening? If not it has to do with the resistor you used. Make sure it is a 100 Ohm resistor, because that can cause problems.

If the led stays on you then hit your volume up button and the led goes off and come back on ??

So it programs for your ford, you get 9 flashes after turning the car to acc?

Yes

Then you hit the program button once and the led should stay on is that happening? If not it has to do with the resistor you used. Make sure it is a 100 Ohm resistor, because that can cause problems.

It stays on. replaced resistor from radio shack.

If the led stays on you then hit your volume up button and the led goes off and come back on ??

It goes off and does not come back on. after a minute it flashes 3 times and them 9.

Any sugestions?