AVIC411.com

2007 CAMRY AVIC-D3 INSTALL PHOTOS, VIDEOS...**UPDATED**

I'm installing D3, Bluetooth, Sirius, rear-view camera, ipod, and a/v cable in my 07 camry right now. I should be done around 6pm tonight (sunday 03/18 ).

I'll be posting lots of photos, videos and my review later tonight. I'll be using Nokia E61 with D3...lets see if it has any autoconnect or compatibility issues.

Coming soon...

post-5174-12872752023435_thumb.jpg

Here are some videos which i've posted on youtube:

Each clip is very short...thats why there are so many parts...sorry about that guys.

Here are some photos:

[sORRY GUYS...I HAD TO REMOVE THE PICTURES BECAUSE OF SERVER ISSUES]

BUT HERE'S THE LINK TO ZIPPED PHOTOS:

http://rapidshare.com/files/22576600/av ... s.zip.html

i used the dash kit which crutchfield sent...its slightly golden in color (camry's is pure silver). its not 100% perfect, but you cant tell unless you look very hard.

Wheel controls doesnt...i'll have to buy additional module for that...i'm gonna try if i can get used to using D3 volme/mode controls

Did you have to use a special dash kit for double-DIN? What wiring harness did you use for the audio controls on the wheel?

yep...CF is scosche . Can you send me a link to the metra kit.

I think wireless remote is useless, cuz you can so easily reach the nav unit while driving (unless you are sitting wayyy behind)....especially in 07 camry.

yeah i didnt get the pac thing either...im going to wait and see if i can get that wireless remote that pioneer has the site instead of using the steering wheel controls.....i wonder if the metra kit would be a better match....crutchfield is scosche right?

thanks.

do you know if its golden or silver?

hybridamp didn't post any final installed photos...i just want to see how will it fits and if there's any spaces between the kit and the dash.

From the last picture...I can tell that its golden.

hmmm...but i think metra fits better in dashboard.

Awesome... I got a D3 & Z1 owner in the same thread!

My question for the two of you is this... Why should I buy a Z1 if the D3 gives me pretty much everything else, except for Text-To-Speech Capability and the smart routing on the Z1? Is that all I'd be missing?

If there is waaay more of a difference, then I can't find it on Pioneer's website when I compare the two. The HD in the Z1 is cool... but I have a 30GB iPod... and all 30GB is for music, as opposed to only 10GB on the Z1. I don't really care that I'd have to keep the nav disk in the D3 at *pretty much* all times, since I don't own any CDs (they're all on my iPod). On that subject, how is the iPod playback on each? I currently have an N2, and the interface is slow and horrible.

D3 owner: Assuming you have the new iPod cable, and not the IPBus box, do you have to use the iPod to control the music output, or can you use the D3 itself or a remote? Also, if you have a VIDEO iPod, how does that work out for you? Have you successfully played movies using the iPod cable, or do you have to use the RCA connection? One problem I have w/ my N2 is that I can use the arrows on my steering wheel remote for EITHER fast-forward/rewind OR next track/previous track... and I have to go deep into the menus to change it back and forth. Is this problem still present with the D3?

Also, I have the speech kit (it came with the remote), and I understand from the pioneer site that the D3 is not speech-recognition compatible... Is this true?

Z1 owner: I believe the Z1 still uses the IPBus connection, so I think I'm aware of how it works. (Better than mine, I'm sure) But, please read the above questions I wrote to the D3 owner (and their replies, if applicable), and compare your Z1 to their D3.

I really appreciate you guys (or girls... I don't want to be sexist) for doing this for me. If I'm asking too much by stepping in on your conversation and demanding all this help, then I'll, like, PayPal you a few dollars or something for your time. :D

Thanks again,

Ryan, current AVIC-N2 owner, future D3/Z1 owner