AVIC411.com

2006 Altima D3 Install

99.9 percent sure that your wire is going to be on the harness. If there is a solid pink wire on there then that is it

This is a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 with automatic and factory radio, NOT BOSE. I've heard that hooking up the VSS will make the nav work better. Also, were you able to hook up the illumination wire? Is there one in the factory harness?? Thanks.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The reverse wire is only for the camera, right? And no, I'm not installilng a camera, so I was thinking I didn't have to hook up reverse wire.

Steering wheel controls, I hear you have to buy an adapter to make them work, which again, no, I wasn't going to do that. Is there a way to just hook them up, or do you need the adapter, becuase I would love to have them work.

I'm mainly concerned about the VSS wire, but will look for it on the harness first.

Thanks for the help.

The reverse wire is only for the camera, right? And no, I'm not installilng a camera, so I was thinking I didn't have to hook up reverse wire.

Steering wheel controls, I hear you have to buy an adapter to make them work, which again, no, I wasn't going to do that. Is there a way to just hook them up, or do you need the adapter, becuase I would love to have them work.

I'm mainly concerned about the VSS wire, but will look for it on the harness first.

Thanks for the help.

You need an adapter to hook them up. They're about $50 on eBay. Its the PAC SWI-PS

Cool. Just bought one, should have everything by Thursday, so will be ready to install. Doing a PT test with a PD on Thursday, so pass that, gather all D2 stuff, do a bypassed install, and enjoy the weekend......let's hope it all works out that way....... *fingers crossed*

Thanks.

Is there an order that has to be followed for doing bypass? I've heard I need to boot the D2 up first, and then power down, and then do bypass. Is that correct, or can I just perform the bypass, hook up the PAC for steering wheel controls, and power on with the unit bypassed?

Thanks for the help.

Finally grabbed a few pics of the D3 in my '05 Altima SE-R, thought you guys might be interested to see the factory color integration power of the D3 (orange and red to match the SE-R's factory orange/red lighting):

serd3.jpg

More photos at: http://www.hybridamp.net/photo/main.php?g2_itemId=317

Overall, the D3 isn't a bad deck at all. :)

Also, I just used a Peripheral wired steering wheel interface, super easy and works great.

SSRECORDS....I just read on a post that to install the PAC steering wheel adapter that you need to use a IR remote?? Is this true?

Im not too familiar with the D2 and its bypass. And also I didn't need to use any IR with ths D3

You only need an IR remote if you are using a PAC-SWI X or other, not for the PS one.

ssrecords: Yeah, I have exactly the same problem. I normally prefer knobs for volume control rather than buttons, but in our case, buttons would have been nice since the knob is difficult to use with our kit; at least the steering wheel buttons work okay I guess. :)