AVIC411.com

2006 Altima D3 Install

ssrecords: Yeah, I have exactly the same problem. I normally perfer knobs for volume control rather than buttons, but in our case, buttons would have been nice since the knob is difficult to use with our kit; at least the steering wheel buttons work okay I guess. :)

I took apart the dash and came up with this

You could use longer screws and spacers for the radio brackets which would kick it out enough. Then you would have to modify the radio kit. I'm gonna try it next week and see what happens. I'll let you know

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool, I had to enlarge my bracket holes just to get it to seat correctly the first time.

By the way, how is your FM reception with the D3 installed? My stock BOSE deck received around 13 FM stations in my area, now I get 1. I double checked the ant and it's plugged in securely to the deck, I'm guessing it's because I put my GPS antenna on the rear deck and since the FM antenna is embedded into the rear window that the GPS is causing interference... I dunno, the service manual for the altima shows the OEM gps antenna going under the rear deck also so who knows. :(

^ Indeed, had to use that the first time.

If you don't start the engine with the airbag light disconnected, it won't happen in the first place; just turn it to ACC to test the system and avoid starting the engine to keep from having to reset the light next time. :)

HELP...

Got D2 installed in 05 Altima. Bypass works great, ill, and vss work great. However, the radio in the stock brackets sits too high, so the face plate that I ordered from crutchfield does not fit. There is a gap at the bottom, and the cd drive will not close because the top is hitting it.

What kit did you use to make yours fit? Did you use the stock brackets. I could only get 3 screws on each side to line up, which could be causing problems. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.