AVIC411.com

Audi A4 Install Pics

I had the install done at Sound Advice and do not have any pics of the process.

I did lose the display that showed the station name which I have not had for a long time anyways.

Very nice man, very nice.

I have a Z1 in my A4 (soon to be Z2, hah).

I see the AWE boost gauge there. What you got going on?

Lots of mods including APR 1+, suspension, 19" Falkens, FMIC, S4 Brakes, exhaust and just redid the sound system.

I recently changed jobs and need my trunk space so I had a custom fiberglass box for a 12" sub. The front and rear speaker amp is in the side compartment, and the monoblock amp and capacitor are in the subfloor.

IMG_4243-4.jpg

IMG_4290.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

Very very nice!

I have a 04 USP 1.8T, APR 1+, Neuspeed exhaust, test pipe, DV, etc.

My plan in the next 2-3 weeks is to do K04, Neuspeed Xtreme Turbo Inlet Hose, and some much needed maintenance. I would love a FMIC, but that may be after the K04, dunno, depends on time and price I suppose.

Hey dude - this is exactly what I'm trying to pull off. Do you happen to have an itemized list of stuff they used for the install? I'm wondering if I need a cage....

Also - do you mind telling us how much the install was? I'm debating whether or not to do this myself, or get it done...

Looks awesome.

Thanks!

KB

If you are looking to do the install of the Double-Din setup in a A4 it can be tricky...

If your car is single-din then you wont have the support for double-din units. Also your heat/AC controls wont fit down below.

a.

1. brackets needed.

2. sand the heat/ac to fit

b.

1. purchase the double din cage for a4 off ebay or some place?

2. purchase the heat/ac for double din a4 off ebay or some place

I have a Z1 in my A4 and it was a single din Audi Concert II when I started. I have custom brackets to hold the Z1 and sanded my heat/AC. Looks just as good, no problemo.

AGRO-

Well it's factory. The factory radio is double-din sized, yes? It takes up the whole top of the dash. What I meant was that my dash kit needs to be modified to accept a double din radio.

Do you think there will be a cage in the dash I can re-use - or do I need a whole new one?

Thanks!

KB

You probably have that Audi Symphony. Well either way, if it is double-din sized then you should be good to go. The only thing you will need would be a bezel to fill in the gaps around the headunit. Metra made a double-din for B6 A4, BUT it is meant for a single-din headunit and a single-din cubby hole. It's meant for going from double-din to single din. So, you will still have to fabricate a bezel. Luckily for our cars, a flat piece of ABS plastic shaped to fit works fine and looks great.

In a nutshell, you only need the bezel.

You are in a much better position than I was.

AGRO-

Well it's factory. The factory radio is double-din sized, yes? It takes up the whole top of the dash. What I meant was that my dash kit needs to be modified to accept a double din radio.

Do you think there will be a cage in the dash I can re-use - or do I need a whole new one?

Thanks!

KB

Below is the link to the kit I used. The middle piece can be removed so a double din will fit.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/product. ... uctid=2465

The FMIC is the Evolution Racewerks Sport. It fits prefect behind the stock bumper with minimal trimming. It is a smaller FMIC that is best for a K04 or the smaller GTR eliminators.

I will check on the cost of the install and post it later today.

Below is the link to the kit I used. The middle piece can be removed so a double din will fit.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/product. ... uctid=2465

The FMIC is the Evolution Racewerks Sport. It fits prefect behind the stock bumper with minimal trimming. It is a smaller FMIC that is best for a K04 or the smaller GTR eliminators.

I will check on the cost of the install and post it later today.

I am trying to find a shop close to me to do the work. Eurocode tuning did my APR 1+, exhaust, etc. but those guys wont call me back. We'll see....