AVIC411.com

Avic D3 won't shut off, draining battery

I have installed the Avic D3, with the Metra VT-GMOS-04 GM Class II Data bus Interface, the Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Radio, PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface, and the Pioneer CD-i200 Ipod Control Interface. I drive a 2004 GMC Yukon Denali, and have followed all the installation procedures provided. I listened to some music through my Ipod connected to the D3 for about 10 minutes, and the battery started dying. The trucks lights started flashing and I was getting a clicking noise. The doors were open and I took the key was out of the ignition, and the Avic D3 still had power. My truck has Retained Accessory Power, and I assume the D3 shouldnt have even been powered. I had hooked all component power wires to the pink ignition wire under the steering column. I hooked the PAC SWI-PS power lead to the +12 red wire at the radio interface. Does anyone know what could be causing the problem? Thanks for any assistance!

I dont think he switched the wires. It requires both wires to be active in order for the unit to turn on. It sounds like he connected the constant to both power and constant wires, which explains why the unit remains on even without the key.

Thanks for the replies. The D3 does normally power off when I have the key out and open the door, however, when the battery was dying, it stayed on. I'll have to check my connections, but I don't believe I wired anything to constant. I connected each of the components power wires to the pink ignition wire.

Thanks for the replies. The D3 does normally power off when I have the key out and open the door, however, when the battery was dying, it stayed on. I'll have to check my connections, but I don't believe I wired anything to constant. I connected each of the components power wires to the pink ignition wire.

why would you do that? You need the 12volt constant wire to keep preferences stored in your unit e.g. radio presets, volume and so on.

• 2 years later...

MY Chevy Silverado 2004 did the same thing after working perfectly for over a month since install. I unplugged the fuse under hood and switched the accessory relay with the identical park light relay and so far, it's working. You almost have to shotgun diagonose these things because Pioneer tech support is so weak. They almost refuse to adknowlege any issues and are sometimes even rude about it. I've been trying to get a straight answer about the clock issue for oregon owners for over a month and they say live with it. Any way, I believe I'm using the same interface module (with Chime) and I'll try a different one if the problem persists.