AVIC411.com

D3 with XM - Does this require 2 Antennas

I just installed my d3 into my 2002 Ford F150 Harley truck. I'm still looking for a place to mount the XM module, but I wasn't sure if I needed to hookup the XM antenna. I thought it might use the Avic's GPS antenna, but I could be way off.

Here is a picture of the install. I had to cut some of the stock dash to get it to fit. It's tight but it looks pretty close to stock.

post-5484-12872752022276_thumb.jpg

yes you need both antennas as previously posted...

for your car what we usually do is unscrew your third brake light (located in rear above glass) and run the wires through.

having the antennas in that location gives your good reception (XM) gps you can have the antenna pretty much anywhere

but i suggest putting them both on the roof and run the wires thru the brake light

Hey thanks everyone for the great info. I mounted my XM antenna today. I mounted it just above the top of the front windshield. It was really easy to run the wire up the weather stripping on the side of the window. The antenna is very small and hardly noticeable.

Thanks again for the help