AVIC411.com

Satellite Radio Issue... Please Help!

Hello,

I got in my car this morning and tapped the "Sirius" source to turn on the satellite radio and it goes to the Sirius screen, but nothing works. Where it would normally display the song title, it just says "Sirius" and if I move the little joystick to the left or right, it makes the bing sound as if it is changing station, but nothing happens. I turned off the unit, plugged all cables from the Sirius receiver, plugged them back in and still nothing. Also, I made sure that the fuse for the sirius receiver is NOT blown. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
  • 2 weeks later...
So I got a different SIR-PNR1 tuner and I still have the same issue. The AVIC-D1 unit is recognizing that the tuner is connecting because it is available in the source menu, but where it should display the song title, it just scrolls the word "SIRIUS".

I can't imagine that I've been the only one with this issue.

I called Pioneer and they seem to think it is the Sirius tuner, but I have the same problem with two different tuners. Any ideas? I pressed the rest button on the AVIC-D1 unit, but that didn't help. Is there some kind of way to do a "hard reset"?

Thanks!
  • 1 year later...
I am having the same problem with my D3 and SIRPNR2. I have done all the same things you described and I have the same result. I checked my ground connections with a multimeter...it is sat. I had some symptoms that progressed to this. It started out with 'Acquiring Signal' for a while. I figured it might be due to the antenna being in the dash so I moved it to the roof and it worked well right after I put it all back together then it would only work sometimes. Now I have the same symptoms. The D3 recognizes the SIRPNR2 but it get nothing....it is stuck on Ch 184 and it wont display anything or play any audio.
I am having issues again. Sometimes it will start right up and then with in 1-2 mins it will cut out and go into 'Aquiring Signal' other times it will freeze and not let me change the channel at all. I really think it may be the antenna...I have no way of really checking it so I am going to have to just buy a new one and try it out.