AVIC411.com

Thanks BUT............DAM.. :x

If you can please send me any names and/or address of who you talked to at Pioneer. Sounds like you got a great tech to help you out.

:x I can't believe this guy lied to me and sold me his broken AVIC. :x Anyone ever use dispute resolution with paypal or Ebay? Now I know why he upgraded to a D3.

I can imagine the frustration you have, but if you got a real good deal on it, it may be worth it to just send it in to Pioneer. It may end up being less of a hassle than tring to get your money back through Ebay/PPal. It definitley will take less time to get it repaired than to go the other route.

I started a disbute with paypal... Man this sucks and I hope to get my $$ back. I was so looking forward to installing it this weekend. :x:x:x

I am still going to call Pioneer this Monday and see if they can fix it for little $$$ of for nothing :)

I'll still be out shipping ~ $20 each way.

Cheers and thanks for all the help.

Is your Parking Brake connected correctly? What Car? Equip?

Had the same exact thing happen to my lousy ass D1, 3 days ago. Called Pioneer, first guy said the people you bought it from will take it back. Circuit City?!?!?!?!? Yeah Right. Then the second one told me to ship it in. Luckily, its still under warranty. But I still havent figured out the wiring for my car. As for your d1, It's either flag cable, screen liquid or broken LCD or parking brake. Either way it's an easy $200.

Pioneer Electronics Repair & Tech Support

1925 East Dominguez St

Long Beach, CA 90810

800-421-1404

I am in Virginia..Was out of Philly but home is in VA now.

What is the issue with the parking brake? Lets explore this parking brake connection issue some, just incase I am missing something here.

The only thing wrong with the unit is the LCD screen is to dark to see. The touch screen functions work just fine, I just need to shine a light on the screen to see where/what to press.

If the parking brake lead is not connected wouldn't I just get a message on the screen saying there is a safety issue or ??

How could I test a unit???