AVIC411.com

another D3 bypass and steering wheel control question

Hi all, I'm planning on putting in the D3 in my 07 GTI and with the bypass hack it saves me a lot of trouble. However, I'm sitting here overviewing my install and I came up with this question.

I'm planning on putting in the PAC-SWI-PS and the SWI-CAN so I can retain my steering wheel controls, but since the parking mod requires moving the mute wire to a different location, will I be able to still program my steering wheel button to mute the system?

Thanks in advance.

No I haven't installed it yet, looking to do it sometime in April.

I'll be getting the D3 + ipod adapter + Sirius + BTB200. I think that comes out to be around $1100 from crutchfield.

I don't think the install will be too hard for the D3, what I'm worried about is installing sub and component speakers. We'll see how thats going to turn out.

• 6 months later...

american international: vwk1017, eu06

metra xsvi9003.

sw controls are easy but you only get the left side controls. you can program the right controls but they operate that computer too.

you may have to reprogram the harness as well. hook the harness up and disconnect the battery for 15 mins and that should help make the acc off the xsvi9003 work properly