AVIC411.com

How much of an inconvenience is the single DVD in the D3?

This is my first post, and I just wanted to chime in on the single DVD slot issue on the D3. I've had mine for a week now, and I for one feel it is not an issue at all. I've never taken the nav CD out of the slot. I have the iPod interface with a 30GB iPod in the glove box of my 2007 Xterra. I don't even carry CDs in my vehicle.

The CNET review makes way to much out of this. I hope that review doesn't discourage too many folks from buying a great system at a great price. For those who still want CDs, a CD changer is also supported by the D3.

I haven't had any problem with this so far. What i'd so if i wanna watch DVD movie, and wanna route. Put in the Navi Disc, set ur destination (set a several if u are going to several places), after the route is planned and it memmed into the memory, then i take the Navi disc out, put the DVD in and it's good to go. As long as before you get on the road, when u set ur destination, put in the navi, after that u can do whatever u want. But if you happen to change destination or cancel a way point, then u have to re-insert the disc again.

I'd say, the money i save is worth the few seconds putting the disc in and out.