AVIC411.com

Play Music Videos?

Can the AVIC Z1 plays music videos..? like if dl the music videos and burn it on a DVD CD will it play.. i want to use this feature can someone please help thanks.. also i have another question is it possible to play like an equilizer when you playing music and when you push that hide button.. i want something like from winamp moving around instead of a steady picture.

Can the AVIC Z1 plays music videos..? like if dl the music videos and burn it on a DVD CD will it play..

If you burn it to a DVD as a DVD video it will play. I don't know what a DVD CD is, but it will only play DVD formatted DVD's as video.

I don't know what a DVD CD is, but it will only play DVD formatted DVD's as video.

A DVD CD is simply a CD with DVD formatted files. Kind of like a mini-dvd. Some DVD players can play them. It might be worth trying it out on the AVIC.

I dont even know if that is possible, unless you are talking about a VCD (Video CD). A VCD is not in a "dvd format". DVD is in MPEG2 format. VCD is in MPEG1 format (much lower quality).

If it WERE possible to play MPEG2 files off of a cd, 2 music videos would take up the whole 700 megs on one cd!

I just did one yesterday. I was making a slide show DVD and wanted to see what it looked like on the TV so, not having any blank DVDs on hand, I burned it onto a CD, popped it into a player (not the AVIC) and it worked. But you are right, perhaps it just burned it as a VCD, I didnt think of that.

I remember back in 2000 when I bought my first DVD drive for my PC, it came with WinDVD 2000 on a CD. Well, the CD contained the program and several trailers that were in VOB format. I know the disc was a CD because I was able to play the trailers on WinDVD using my CD-RW drive. At first I though "why the hell did I buy a DVD drive when all I really needed was the damn software?" Of course at the time, my knowledge of technology was not that good and I soon realized that my CD-RW drive could not read the VOBs off of the DVD discs. Anyway, the point of all that was to let you guys know that if you burn VOBs on a CD-R, it should play in a DVD player. At least it worked for me seven years ago. Now you just have to find a program to convert the music videos into VOBs without exceeding the 700 MB limit.