AVIC411.com

i have a 2006 passat and my radio will not turn off help

• 1 month later...

I had mine installed with the SWI-PS and SWI-CAN and that solution works great. You maintain the steering wheel controlls and the red 12V ACC wire controlls the AVIC just like the factory Stereo.

Instructions are VERY easy once you read threw, just follow the instructions that came with the SWI-CAN module. The others can be kinda cofusing.

Just a couple notes:

SWI-CAN works great in my VW, but you should look at the Soundgate CANPULSE. This gives you steering wheel controlls AND a VSS solution all in one. Also, make sure you figure out some way to attach the illumination wire. I have to bring mine back and have it connected since my installer didnt do it the first time.

• 11 months later...
I had mine installed with the SWI-PS and SWI-CAN and that solution works great. You maintain the steering wheel controlls and the red 12V ACC wire controlls the AVIC just like the factory Stereo.

Instructions are VERY easy once you read threw, just follow the instructions that came with the SWI-CAN module. The others can be kinda cofusing.

Just a couple notes:

SWI-CAN works great in my VW, but you should look at the Soundgate CANPULSE. This gives you steering wheel controlls AND a VSS solution all in one. Also, make sure you figure out some way to attach the illumination wire. I have to bring mine back and have it connected since my installer didnt do it the first time.

With the SWI-CAN installed what interfaces were you able to retain. What I mean is in my 06 Passat the multi function display in my instrument cluster allows me to display information about the audio: what I'm listening to currently, and volume, and it also allows me to switch the screen to display the navigation. Does the SWI-CAN allow both those things?