AVIC411.com

White-Noise when clicking buttons on the D3

I just got finished installing in a 350Z. I will post pics on a seperate thread.

My question is regarding a "fuzzy" sound (best way I can describe it - I guess it's White Noise) when I perform any action on the D3. For example, when I press the volume button, I can hear it through my tweeter. Even if I turn the volume ALL the way down, I still hear it.

Has anyone heard of this or have a fix for it?

Haha, Blowz, for sure. I'm trying to get a video link up here so you guys can hear it

edit* no luck with the video but I guess it is just White Noise when you click the buttons. Not sure what it could be, I know all the wires are hooked up right. It is only when you perform some action. Wonder if it has to do with the bose system.

It's because you have the Stage Setup or whatever it's called in the Sound menu turned on. I have it set to Actor's Stage and when I turn it off you don't get that sound anymore. Pioneer needs an update to keep the DSP turned on only for music, not for other things.

Add another one to the "White noise" club unfortunately. Initially I thought it was the result of a bad ground, but I redid that to a different, better location and still have it. This is in a VW .:R32 with an OEM Monsoon system btw. I am kind of glad that it's not just me having the problem, but I am also worried that it could be a bad batch of units or something.

I wonder if we can get any correlation between units with this problem and those without?

Mine was made in February (most of them probably were)

From the hardware info screen it is Product Number: CPJ11883-1-B and version 0x010000. Anyone have a more updated version that isn't hissing?

It's simply not a clear audio file that is used for the "beep" tone. It's the same way on my D1.

The audio file -- however they recorded it -- has a high noise floor. The only way to fix it is to turn the beep off, or consider that it's part of the file.

Yeah, I really don't like this noise. Does anyone else have it on theirs. I wonder if I should send a message to pioneer for a fix. I may be calling Crutchfield to see what they have to say!

Sounds like a good idea as you continue to troubleshoot. Of course you would hate to think that your d3 may be defective, but hopefully not. Let us know what happens. :wink:

best of luck,