AVIC411.com

Need some help with a D3 bypass!!

Is there anyone in the Charlotte, NC area that can bypass my D3? I am a total noob when it comes to electrical wiring. I asked the installer if they could do it and told they didn't know how (Eventhough I printed out the instructions from here). But his friend has a "bypass code" for the headunit (which I doubt). Any and all help is greatly appriciated!! I am going on a round trip this weekend and I want to watch some flicks along the way!!

yo game you just got to go for it man.i know you might question your skills but you got to just do it.i was a noob at this shit too but i just brought my shit to have the basic install.than i drove it home took it apart which i was hella scared to do hooked the yellow mute wire to the parking brake light green and wa la.since the installer already grounded the black wire i didnt worry about that at all.o almost forgot you have to ground your pb wire parking brake.and switching the mute pin is very easy i just used umm wtf did i use o i used ummm wtf o i used eye glass flat head screw driver.found the instructions on this forum. good luck man

Well I know its not brain surgery, but it is a 1000 piece of equipment.. That I have absolutely no experience with (definitely more confortable taking my mac apart). But I understand misfits point of view, I know for sure that the parking brake wire is not connected, because I recieve a prompt everytime I turn on my car. Oh the D3 is installed in my 07 tC. It is brand spankin new! I tried to pay as much attention as I could when that dash was taken apart. I know how to take the dash apart, just not very confident in my ability to pull the mute wire out without damaging anything.. I will continue trolling and psyching myself to do it!

The mute wire is easy. Take the white harness out of the back of your D3--grab an eyeglass screwdriver, paperclip, pick, or basically anything really tiny and press down on the tab and tug gently. Thats it, then flip it to the new spot and put it in. Ground it and the light green wire and you're done

I didn't know anything about car audio before I installed my D3. The bypass is easy. Follow the instructions in the sticky to know how to move the mute wire. Take the other end of the mute wire, the end of the parking brake wire, and connect it to the black wire (ground) on your wire harness.

If you wanna take the easy way out, just put a twist cap to connect those 3 wire together. I would recommend doing it properly and use solder and heat shrink.

YOU DONT NEED TO PULL ANY WIRES OUT OF THE HARNESS...... odds are youll damage it, especially if youve never done it before. just take any piece of wire, strip it and put it in the empty slot above the yellow black wire. you can use crazy glue to make sure the wire wont come loose. then take the other side of the wire and ground it. (you can use the black wire in the harness as a ground)

YOU DONT NEED TO PULL ANY WIRES OUT OF THE HARNESS...... odds are youll damage it, especially if youve never done it before. just take any piece of wire, strip it and put it in the empty slot above the yellow black wire. you can use crazy glue to make sure the wire wont come loose. then take the other side of the wire and ground it. (you can use the black wire in the harness as a ground)

you will not get a good connection this way. it is very easy to remove the wire from the harness without damaging it.