AVIC411.com

Defending against theives

Guys,

I remember when I built my carputer set-up I was so concerned with theives so I built my LCD into a sliding bracket enclosure. This allowed for quick and easy repairs or mods and a great way for theives to be discouraged because they couldn't rip the LCD out of the faceplate.

I started to build a bread basket door for this set-up(think of the of the capital letter "L" inverted and turned 90 degrees counter-clockwise) but never found the correct hinge to slide and pivot for the door.

When reading a post on the theif deterance used I thought this was a good idea again as well as a good glare protector. If someone could help me locate the correct hinge I can get a protype going within a week. I have tried Mcmaster Carr to no avail and I can not find what I am looking for. Short of buying a bread box and taking it apart I need help.

Thanks in advance and please move this post if need be to the correct forum category.

Cheers

• 2 months later...