AVIC411.com

Thinking of Buying the Z1

Guest campinfamily
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="Anonymous"] [quote name="ducatiboy"]
I'm at the very northern tip of morris county. [/quote]

Ducatiboy, where do you live? I thought I lived in the northern most part of Morris County!! Butler![/quote]

Budd Lake... Yah, I just checked the map, I didn't realize that Morris when that far north over east that-a-way. I rememberd seeing sussex coming down and that little tip of morris by me and thought it extended down from me. Guess I was wrong. :) See what happens when you start looking at maps, you get all confused.[/quote]

Nice area Budd Lake....so do you do installs as well, looking to put a Z1 in my 05 f-150
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In regards to the extra warranty, they typically are garbage and a waste of money. I am a living example of a case with Best Buy.

In August of 2005 I bought two laptops and the extra warranties for each. In February the sound on one of the laptops quit working. I called BB, they said you have the extra warranty, bring it in and we will take care of it. I thought great!, I am glad I bought that warranty. I got a call a week later that said they needed $675 to fix the laptop. I about shit my pants, I told them I had the extra warranty, they said the warranty doesn't cover wear & tear or neglect. I was puzzled, I did nothing to the laptop, and my other one was perfectly fine. I fought with them for a week or two, caught them in several lies (I am not going to explain here), and even had a store employee admit it was a common problem with the laptop. Still, despite all of that, they refused to fix it under warranty. So I took the laptop back, got online and found an authorized Toshiba repair center. I took the laptop to them (at this point I am only 6 months into my 1 year manufacturers warranty) to get repaired. A week later I got a call saying my laptop was fixed and to come pick it up. I went it, picked it up, and all was working great and at no cost to me. The manufacturer replaced it as a warranty issue.

My point, these warranties are a scam. Maybe they work sometimes, but as mentioned earlier in this post, they will find every last excuse to not have to cover the broken device, and just an FYI for those that did purchase it, check it to make sure it covers the screen as well. Alot of aftermarket warranties won't cover lcd screens.

It won't be too long before the Z1 is hacked. I am not worried about my HD going out in it (when I buy one), I will probably replace the 30 gig with a larger one anyways (again if/when it happens).

Also as mentioned, technology is outdated the day after it's released to the public. There will always be something bigger & better. If my HU goes out in one year and one day, so be it, I will find a cheap way to repair it myself or buy a new one (they will be much cheaper in a year from now). A good example, I broke the screen on one of my laptops (I have 4 of them), I bought a new monitor on eBay for $200 which was cheaper than the stupid warranty.

I don't want to discourage those that bought/will buy the warranty, if it helps you sleep better at night, then by all means go for it.

That's my $0.02