AVIC411.com

D3 Bypass Question

you need to move the mute wire up, ground that yellow/black wire, AND ground the light green parking brake wire. I just soldered everything to one long wire and grounded that to the mounting bracket of the headunit. Make sure to ground the mute and the ground. It's very simple. Good luck.

Yes. Do not hook up the light green parking brake wire to the cars parking brake. The light green wire from the D3 should be grounded seperately. The reason for this is that the parking brake wire from the D3 needs to be grounded to get all the functions. The cars parking brake wire is only grounded when the parking brake is engaged. Grounding the D3 wire tricks the D3 to think that the parking brake is always engaged. at least that's what makes sense to me. Haha. But yea ground the mute and the light green wire.

the unit would need to see the parking brake come on. if its already grounded it wont show a change in voltage. the mute wire in the new pin is a tech defeat for servicing. now stop asking so many questions, wipe the sand out of your vagina, and hook it up

lol @ misfit. Sand.

And to everyone else, YES! To ground the mute wire AND the parking brake wire, just attach it to the big black wire with the spade connector at the end. (check my photo gallery in the sig below to see a pic of it). You can solder all three together, use wiretaps, or if you just want to rig it, you can wrap the wire all around the spade connector before you screw it down.

Either way, it's grounded. And to the guy that grounded the wires to the metal housing of the HU, that's not good grounding....

......Either way, it's grounded. And to the guy that grounded the wires to the metal housing of the HU, that's not good grounding....

That all depends on the vehicle the avic is being installed in. There are plenty of cars that attaching the ground wire directly to the back of the avic will work fine in.

seems as if the grounding the parking brake wire fools the system into thinking the brake is applied. As for moving the mute wire up and grounding this i suppose this is for diagnostics on the unit when sent back to pioneer or if the navi is mounted somewhere other than the drivers view i.e. in the back of a motor home.