AVIC411.com

Bluetooth update disks...?

I just got my Z1 and I have the echo problem .. Did not register the product yet and thus did not get the update disks. Did anybody , by any chance post the ISO image somewhere ..?

TIA

This was just discussed the other day (again!)

If you search the forums you'll see the links to download it.

Do a search "echo bluetooth"

You'll see something..

dont do it, you'll blow your bypass

Not necessarily. If it's a pre-june unit then it will change it from a flash your headlights to a ground 2 wires. If it's July-october, then nothing will change but the bluetooth echo problem. If it's october and later, the bluetooth update won't even load cause it's already on there.

I'm pretty sure it is. You can check by putting in the bluetooth disk. But I think some time in October those units started coming with that update. Maybe it was in November. But I'm pretty sure December already had the update installed.

yeah no harm in trying. If you put the disc in there and hit the map button to initiate the update, if it gives you a warning that it already has the latest version, then i twont do it. Otherwise, it will start updating.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. I've been searching for the bluetooth echo fix for a while... can't seem to find the post. (Yes, I searched for "echo bluetooth" and didn't find it in the HUNDREDS of threads that get returned!!) :-(

Maybe I'm looking right past it, but can somebody please tell me the url to the post of the thread with the actual file to make my CD?

Thanks!!

bobmun did post a good link. And if you do a search for "each bluetooth" and search for "Search for all terms" instead of the default of "Search for any terms or use query as entered"

You get 94 matches and it's the 10th one down on the very first page.

Which will give you 6 links to the same file:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... +bluetooth

I would guess you left the "Search for any terms or use query as entered" which will give you all the "echo" posts and all the "bluetooth" posts.

At least you have the file now. Just make sure you read this:

http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html#bluetooth

Now let's see if that fixes the problem because after performing the BT update, I am still having MAJOR echo problems.

Someone mentioned a while back that you have to sync it the first time with the volumn turned all of the way up on the phone. I'm not sure if I did that or not, if not, it was almost all of the way up when I sync'd it.... Any other secrets anyone figured out?