AVIC411.com

HELP!! Draining battery

Ok I posted before about this but now I'm stuck. Basically my D3 is draining the battery. Some of you said that the alternator is bad. So, I installed a brand new alternator last night and it is happening again. Please help. Other than factory stuff, I have a viper alarm system and a v1 hardwired. What can cause this?

listen, dont make another post, keep things organized.

as far as the d3 draining, i doubt its that. did you use an wire harness to connect it? or did you start splicing in or what?

if you used a harness, its really less likely its the d3, besides, you had a bad alternator, that needs to be checked first. i think this is a simple case of user error... using the vehicle, not just the head unit

well an alarm, needs to be wired to constant.. a radar detector could be constant and really doesnt draw enough to cause this problem so quickly, and the d3 shouldnt be wired wrong since it used a harness. thats why its making me believe operator error.. operator of the vehicle.

I've had the alarm for 2 years w/o prob, so I don't think it's that. I have the radar wired to the rearview mirror compass source (not constant) and I just took the alternator to pepboys to test, and they said it's good. I'm gonna take the D3 out to see if maybe this is it.