AVIC411.com

D3 bypass troubleshooting tips

I just installed my D3 with bypass and thought I'd share some troubleshooting tips to verify the different parts of the bypass procedure were done correctly. Here are some possible failures:

* Error message displayed while driving about incorrect installation relating to the parking brake

- Parking brake wire grounded, but mute wire not grounded in new harness location.

- Make sure mute wire is connected to vehicle ground and inserted into new harness location

* Video & destination selection does not work while driving. NAVI Menu -> Settings -> Hardware Info -> "Parking Brake" set to "Off"

- Parking brake wire not grounded

- Make sure parking brake wire is connected to vehicle ground and *NOT* connected to the actual parking brake signal.

* Audio is muted

- Mute wire is connected to vehicle ground, but has not been moved to the new harness location.

*** Not totally sure about this failure mode as I did not experience it myself. It may not behave this way when the mute wire is grounded.