AVIC411.com

AVIC-Z2 Parking brake warning screen on F150 ?

I have a 2006 Ford F150 and I have read the instrutions and got advice here, as to where to splice the green wire to my parking brake. I hooked it up to the green/pink wire, I get warning screen that it is not hooked up properly. So I switch to the black wire on the plug same result. I am pretty sure that the green/pink is the one to hook to, but I get the warning screen. Anbody have a answer for me on this? I'm stumped. TIA

WGFA

I have a 2006 Ford F150 and I have read the instrutions and got advice here, as to where to splice the green wire to my parking brake. I hooked it up to the green/pink wire, I get warning screen that it is not hooked up properly.

I don't know if this specific wire is the one you need to hook to. I don't specifically know ford F150 wire colors. If you want to bypass the Avic, we don't know how to do that yet. Your title says you have a Z2, but MisFit's instructions ONLY work for the Z1. So I'm going to assume you are trying to hook it up right (like the manual says).

So I switch to the black wire on the plug same result.

I you had the warning message and you didn't do a level 1 reset (page 175 in manual or just press the recessed button to the right of eject) then that will pop up no matter what. Once that parking brake warning message pops up, it will keep popping up till you reset your unit.

If you did not reset your Z2, then that black wire might have been right.

I am pretty sure that the green/pink is the one to hook to, but I get the warning screen. Anbody have a answer for me on this? I'm stumped. TIA

WGFA

The best way to test is to hit

MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - CONNECTION STATUS

Then watch the parking brake line... engage and disengage the parking brake and watch that line. See if it changes with the parking brake. If it always says the parking brake is on, that will bring up that message and you have the wrong wire.

If you have a volt meter you can measure the resistance between that wire and ground and engage or disengage the parking brake. You will get 0 ohms when the parking brake is engaged and infinite resistance when it's disengaged. Or if that confuses you, hook it up to the Z2 and do what I said above and watch the parking brake line.

If someone else here knows 06 F150 wiring to help WGFA find the wire without trial and error, feel free to chime in. If no one does, poke around and do what I say above.

Thanks Ducatiboy, I did not know about the reset. I read a few posts that u had mentioned it, but did not even think about it with my problem. I will take ur advice and do the test and do the reset if I have the wrong wire hooked up. Thanks again :D

WGFA

Ok, got it. Just had to do the reset and problem went away. Now no more pop-up and the video stays on the screen. I think I read here somewhere that It only stays on for a period of time then finally goes off. True?

Thanks for the help Ducatiboy. :D