AVIC411.com

D1 D2 or D3 cant decide

ok I looked around and can get a D1 in good condition for 500.00 a D2 in good condition for 650 or a D3 new for 750.00 What should I buy. What features will I be missing out if I go the cheap route. I will only be useing it for playback of cds full of mp3s and light use of the navigation.

thanks

I have the D2, and I bought the D3 to see if I wanted to upgrade.

I stayed with the D2.

My nav screen is lower in my dash so the tilt function is big for me. I also didn't like the smaller screen and that its offset.

Overall I like the D2 better than the D3.

Where are you finding the D3 new for $750 shipped?

I don't know why people are acting so surprised that one can get a D3 for way less than what CF is selling it for. I mean, that's about what it actually costs! Once you add the $249.00 "free backup cam", then you're paying almost $1000.00 for it anyway! Why're are people so blind?

It all depends on what you want to do with it.

If you want great iPod control, D3.

If you can only hold a single Din slot try the others.

If the mounting is low and it needs to tilt, get the folding one.

If you are concerned about securing, get the folding one.

And as far as the deals go, the $750 deal is great if you don't want the backup cam. :)

If you do want it, better to go with CF since they also give you the wiring harnesses and mounts. Either way, people here will take care of ya.

Where are you finding the D3 new for $750 shipped?

I don't know why people are acting so surprised that one can get a D3 for way less than what CF is selling it for. I mean, that's about what it actually costs! Once you add the $249.00 "free backup cam", then you're paying almost $1000.00 for it anyway! Why're are people so blind?

maybe because $750 is practically dealer cost an dthis unit got so whored out as soon as it came out that now we cant even make any money on it

dont mean to hijack thread

misfit

is the free cam nd-bc2 thru CF part

of a current promotion thru pioneer?

i have not been notified of any such

promotion--so im guessing its on their

own. it is kinda redicoulos these prices\

considering that crutchfield is most likely

a volume dealer and getting 5% lower

than dealer cost. #'s dont add up

im gonna ask pio rep tomorrow

Josh

no, it was just crutchfield, so if you really hit it right you got the d3, free camera, free dash kit, free wire harness, free antenna adapter, and if you bought two accessories with it you got an additional 15% off. oh, and then there was some kind of $200 installation certificate at some point. so where was anyone else going to make any money on this piece? the faceplate might as well say crutchfield not pioneer.

i know most people on this forum are consumers, so this was an amazing deal for you, but as a dealer, they really whored this product out from the get go. and thats just bad business in the long run

i just got the d2. was contemplating d2 or d3 as well for a while and it came down to the fact that i simply think it is unacceptable to swap discs if you want to use navigation/cd/dvd. this is such a small thing that would become really annoying to me after a few days/weeks.

on the other hand i am very dissappointed to have no bluetooth integration for the d2...