AVIC411.com

touch screen response and sound quality vs eclipse HU

i used to have avic n1 and i really didn't like the touch screen response.
it was so slow and dumb so i changed my head unit to eclipse avn5495.
it has really nice quality of sound and touch screen response.
but i'm thinking of getting z1.
does any one has ffed back on touch screen response and sound quality?
I had the D1 prior to the Z1 and the touch screens are comparable. So, I think it's safe to say that all pioneer touch screens are about the same. But is that really going to keep you from buying a better unit than the Eclipse? You obviously want the Z1, since you're thinking about replacing a new Eclipse.
The interface on the Z1 is faster than the N1 overall, due to the system being run off a hard drive vs. DVD. The actual touch response is about the same, although I personally feel that a fixed mount 2DIN unit like the Z1 is easier to use than a DIN sized unit like the N1. There is less give in the screen, which means more tactile response for your finger.
I've had an eclipse avn-2545 in my gs400 for over two years and recently put a z-1 in my STi...

The touch screen and boot up time is quicker in the eclipse and the all over build of the eclipse seems a higher quality to me... design and feel of buttons and crafmanship of the z-1 seems cheaper to me in my IMO..

However, the fun factor blows away the eclipse... 3d mapping, nav traffic, ipod control, voice recognition,hard drive and blue tooth blow away my now boring eclipse..

the z-1 sounds great and has much more audio parameters to be set... i have a focal component speaker system powered by a 400 w arc audio amp and the z-1 sounds awesome.. i'm also happy with the sub control of the z-1.. with the addition of a bass attenuating knob i really can fine tune the bass with the z-1..

the only gripe is i'm still waiting on the blue tooth adapter after a month.. i already paid for it through my installer and can't wait to get it put in.. iv'e read so many mixed reviews about the BT and can't wait to find out for myself..

the z-1 fits so perfect in the STi you swear it was factory..