AVIC411.com

D2 bypass just won't work

i've had the d2 for months and i've tried everyones suggestions for bypassing it i grounded the extra pin, i grounded the parking brake lead. i even hooked a switch up to the parking brake lead so it wouldn't be on all the time and still as soon as i start moving the unit says i have an improperly connected parking brake lead or whatever and doesn't let me use any functions till i stop moving i hear it has all this stuff inside that keeps the bypass from working and i get more frustrated the more i read everyone having success with it and for some reason mine just doesn't wanna cooperate.

any suggestions?

you sure you moved the mute wire to the right pin?

i did it just as it is pictured on the forums and i used a spare gorund connector so it didn't wiggle at all like the cell mute wire does

i have an installer friend helping me this weekend and he should hopefully fix it i'll let you know what the problem was just in case it happens to some one else i'm sure it is somehow going to be my fault

i did it just as it is pictured on the forums and i used a spare gorund connector so it didn't wiggle at all like the cell mute wire does

i have an installer friend helping me this weekend and he should hopefully fix it i'll let you know what the problem was just in case it happens to some one else i'm sure it is somehow going to be my fault

Thats probably your problem right there. The reason people use the mute wire instead of their own spare wires, is that the crimp on the end of it is a perfect match and will make perfect contact with the pin. Perhaps just save yourself the trouble and just relocate that wire because that is sure enough most likely the problem. You arent using the cell mute wire anyway right?

Thats probably your problem right there. The reason people use the mute wire instead of their own spare wires, is that the crimp on the end of it is a perfect match and will make perfect contact with the pin. Perhaps just save yourself the trouble and just relocate that wire because that is sure enough most likely the problem. You arent using the cell mute wire anyway right?

In the d1/2 the cell mute wire is the wrong size. Using a ground pin or constant pin from another pioneer harness will lock into the empty pin perfectly.

In the d1/2 the cell mute wire is the wrong size. Using a ground pin or constant pin from another pioneer harness will lock into the empty pin perfectly.

ahh thats pretty lame. WOnder why they did that. Well good thing the Z1/2 and D3 have the same size