AVIC411.com

N2 Break Wire grounding

Hi All,

I have read this form on bypassing N2. With your sugestions, I have bought a Circuit writer pen and short circuited the two R197 pins. The player turned up which comforted me that the machine is still working. The only thing left, I believe, is to ground the light green break wire.

Can I connect the light green wire going from player to any of the black wire in the circuit(or metal piece) or Should I search for the break wire near the hand break and ground it?

The question may be pretty novice. But someone please help me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ground the green wire in the car body "Metal piece"

well, that very well could be my problem.

1. did the R197 hack (coldheatPro and a short section of tinned wire).

2. plugged the unit it, started a movie, put it in drive, everything kept

working like it was unlocked.

3. cut the lt grn wire, tied it into a ground wire, and the ebrake didn't have to be on anymore.

4. hit 10mph and the gps functions locked (greyed) out, switched to a movie, and it was also "locked".

at that point, it would seem the gyros are locking out, since everything works <10pmh. which hack would i have most likely screwed up?

1. the ground wire going to a black wire rather than chassis

OR

2. the R197 didn't get a connection even though it "looks" like it's connected.

obviously, any help would be appreciated as getting the unit out is something of a pain. :-)

the only other thought i had, was maybe a software update caused it to listen to the gyros even though R197 was shorted.

:-)

• 3 weeks later...

i had mine grounded through the ground in the harness with the solder pen bypass and had no issues for over a year till i sent it to pioneer for the flex cable upgrage and now its not bypassed anymore i didnt think to chk b4 installing it so now tomrrow i ahve to take it out try to find my old oen prolly have to buy a new one, its not even the movies as i have 8" visors but the navi functions i hate having to rush at a light to get somthing done, but tomrrow it starts again, im also getting this co-corrent like every 5 mins a feedback form my subs no like a hiss like a bad ground but like a woof woof wooof woof woof its weird somtimes i just unplug the rcas when not using the bass. sorry for rambeling im gona try just the p brake to metal first then ill pull the whole thing out to see if they removed the solder, i wish the gropunded somthign out while doing that i would have gotten a n3 maybe...prolly not anywyas thanks for listing.

sean

my problem turned out to "not" be ground related. i pulled the unit a second time, took off my previous attempt to jumper with a tinned wire, cleaned it up, used the circuit writer pen, and then nothing worked at all. the unit would turn on, screen went up, and then it would turn off.

took alcohol on a paper towel wrapped around a small screwdriver and cleaned almost all of the solder pen off and tried again. I couldn't get all of the solder left, so there was a tiny trace between the jumpers. turned out that was exactly what it needed. as soon as i dropped the unit in, the thing functioned perfectly.

i did notice the other day that when i attempt to use "AV" input (my ipod in this case) that it was greyed out. so i'm assuming i still have to go back and plug something else in.

but to the point, grounding the break wire to the black in the wire harness seems to work for me.

iv been to lazy to see if i messed up my p brake wire or if pioneer actully removed the solder or whatever is in the circuit writer pen, it sux i like having acess nav settings, i cant even do that. i have a pair of 8in visors so im not hurting with the lack of dvd player on the navi screen, i keep up my map. Also since i hooked my batt/memory wire (yellow) up the yellow in the car and ran it to my fuse box for a quick constant, every ten mins of so i get a pulse bass sound from my subs like, woof woof woof woof like feedback in pulses for about a min or so, but then it goes away. Any ideas? It started when i did the fuse thingie. The subs did work fine when hooked upto the aftermarket Jensen deck it came with.

thanks

sean

Hell yea! But first take a alcohol prep wipe and clean off the wax/silicone or whatever the hell they put over it. Wrap the wipe around a small screw driver and clean off that entire area and then use the pen. Let it dry or use a heat gun to make it go faster, and then you should be good.