AVIC411.com

New D3: iPod playback and voice nav not functioning

On Monday, I drove 30 miles to get my D3 installed by a shop my friend recommended. The installer did a very nice job with the aesthetics, but on the way home, I realized the voice nav and iPod connection weren't working. I've tried resetting the D3 both ways, different iPods and making sure the voice nav was on, but none of it has worked. Last night when I was driving home, the voice nav suddenly "woke up" for one turn, but it didn't say anything else the rest of the trip. Does anyone have suggestions for what might be wrong? If I can't solve the issue, I'll go back to the shop and hope they can do it for me.

Thanks in advance.

So the voice nav just started working - I don't know how. I don't think I changed any settings that may have affected it, but it has been working consistently for the past day.

I was playing around with the settings and when I turned the Antenna Control (ANT CTRL in the Settings menu) to Tuner from Power, the iPod started playing through my speakers. I looked in the instruction manual (pg. 125) to see how the antenna settings could possibly affect my iPod connection, but couldn't figure it out.

Any insight on this? Also, do you guys recommend that I take it back to the installer since everything seems be working fine at the moment?

So I went back to the installer today with 3 issues:

1) iPod connection can be enabled/disabled via antenna controls

2) Static when voice nav turns on

3) Turning voice nav OFF doesn't work

He said #2 and #3 are software issues and need to be solved by Pioneer. Any further input on this?