AVIC411.com

memory on the Avic D3

First of all, if you install it correctly, the D3 will still pull power from the battery after the car is off.

So no, it doesn't lose settings.

"First of all, [] you" may want to pay attention to what you read. "When you disconnect the battery do you lose all your settings on the D3?"

Can anyone answer the question, Does the D3 have non-volatile Ram to keep its settings AFTER it has been disconnected from the battery.

When you disconnect the battery do you lose all your settings on the D3, or do you have a limited time to reconnect before you lose your info.

the AVIC D3 is all about features in one affordable package. Non-Volatile ram would cost more. I really don't think it has any. however. like most radios that can be customizable they do have an internal battery to keep the settings for a short period of time, this could be the case with the AVIC

I had to install my backup camera yesterday so I had to disconnect the battery on my truck. I too was worried about the D3 losing settings. To answer your question: yes AND no.

It retained my GPS locations such as "home" and "go to" and even my custom color setting for the button colors.

It didn't retain my EQ, XM presets, radio presets, and any other options.

I had it disconnected for a good 3 hours or so.