AVIC411.com

Z2 and XMNavtraffic question

I have XM Navtraffic and the Avic`Z2 working perfect. The only questions I have is how it works.

Does the reroute option only kick in if the traffic/construction/etc. is going to conflict in the path of my destination?

Does it reroute automatically so that I don't have to be clicking too many buttons while driving?

Thanks for the help guys!

That's a good question. Unfortunately I don't know. Sorry :( Here in NYC i get both flow and incident.

Actually looking at the market coverage for NavTraffic, it shows Fairfield CT has incident coverage only, but when coming home from New England, i remember being asked to reroute around the Fairfield area.

I have only incident reporting on my unit in the Hampton Roads area of VA. Unfortunately, it will show you the traffic condition list, but will NOT alert you of traffic conditions on your route. I can have it routed right down an interstate and see the icon of a car flipped over coming up ahead but the unit does not alert me that there is an accident at all. BTW, I have an N3, but I believe they all work the same...