AVIC411.com

2006 Ford Ranger

long time listener. first time caller.

Should I be worried that Crutchfield tells me the D3 won't fit in my 2006 Ford Ranger? My common sense tells me Im pretty sure thats a double-din slot, but posts about similar cars make me worry about the unit not fitting at all, sitting too far back in the dash, or even not being able to find the vss wire. Is there anything I should be worried about for a D3 install in my car other than saying worry too much?

thanks guys i read these forums every day while i work up the courage to make this purchase.

sorry if this has already been covered......

yeah man, if you worry that much, maybe you shouldnt even be behind the wheel at all :lol:

nah, just kidding. dont listen to crutchfield. they can only go by reference charts. you can totally do this install. search alittle on other fords. you'll find it. i'd tell you what to do but cntrylvr79 will yell at me if i say it again.

if you cant find it. hit me back on this post and i'll help you out

CRUTCHFIELD,BESTBUY,CIRCUIT CITY ALL SAY THE KENWOOD DDX6019 WON'T FIT BUT GUESS WHAT I SAW IT IN A 2003 FORD RANGER. YOU MAY HAVE TO BE CREATIVE WITH YOUR INSTALL BUT IT CAN BE DONE. I HAVE A 2004 FORD RANGER AND I'M THINKING ABOUT BUYING AN AVIC D3 ALSO. IF OR WHEN I DO BUY THE AVIC I'LL POST THE RESULTS.

• 4 weeks later...

From what I see, Crutchfield doesnt carry the Scosche Kit, and it doesnt seem like they carry the Metra Double-Din for the 2006 ford ranger either.

Does Crutchfield carry any kit that will fit into my 2006 ford ranger? I know the ranger's been beaten to death here by me and others, but Im not sure if this specific issues been addressed...

Whats up Holland !! I still haven't bought a D3 so I haven't checked anything. I have been reading and i'm torn between the D3 or the Kenwood 7000. I like the options of the D3 but the 7000 has the best nav. The 7000 is also $300 more. I saw a Kenwood 6019 in a 2003 Ranger and the dash is exactly the same size as our trucks. So there is a kit out there for it. I'll let you know when I find it.

Misfit

I know, I'm just trying to conince myself to finally pull the trigger on all this, and if I could get everything I need in one swoop, I'd really like to. I didnt mean to imply Crutchfield is the infallible car audio retail god.

hey holland, give me a list of everythig you need, and what prices you've seen it for. maybe i can help you out

I have an 07 Ford Ranger that I put a D-2 in. The D-3 is the same size (double din) so don't worry about it.

Liked the D-2 so much, I put a D-3 in my Dog House!

Dog House = 07 Holiday Rambler Ambassador motor coach.

Did you have to do any special mods to the dash to get the D2 in or was It a straight normal install with the kit? Where did you get your kit from for your truck ? Thanks !!