AVIC411.com

cant get a burnt dvd to play on D3

well so far ive tried burning 5+ dvds none of which worked. i have maybe 200 music videos id like to put on about 2 dvd's 4.7gb....i have read on the forums that the D3 only plays divx files...i have yet to find a converter that is easy and converts quickly... does anyone know of any good free converters for divx files. Right now the files are in both mpeg and windows movie formats neither of which worked....i thought i read on the forums that avi is the same as divx, so i got a converter to convert the mpeg files to avi, and in the windows explorer next to the converted files it reads "windows movie"....i burned using nero express and used the data dvd selection....can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks a lot everyone!

It sounds like you are not burning your files as a video dvd. A data dvd will not work. You need to burn as a dvix movie or a video dvd. I cant tell you what software to use on a pc. Im on a mac and have no problems doing this. Im sure most here are on a pc and could help you out.