AVIC411.com

How does D1 or D2 compare to Eclipse AVN 2454? which 2 buy?

Hello, I'm new to the forum...and looking for a solid nav system for my work vehicle. My only experience with nav was in an 01 acura mdx with factory nav and I really liked it. It didn't have some of the minor roads listed but did great 95% of the time. Now I am looking for a newer double din in-dash unit.

I have been watching some D1's, 2's and Eclipse 2254 and 5435's on ebay. Seems like I can get something for between $500 and $700 that would do the trick. Question is...which one to buy? I like the idea of playing DVD's which would be eclipse ony unless you go to the D3.

My main concern, is I need it to have as much nav detail as possible, as I use it to find customers all day long. So far, I think I am leaning towards the 2454 due to low cost but can anyone give me an idea of why I should go D1 or 2 instead? Any help would be appreciated.

it depends on whats most important to you. as far as all the add on gadgets, pioneer definitely kicks ass. if navigation is your main concern, i'm gonna have to make the unpopular claim that i liked the eclipse navi better

eclipse navis are easy to bypass, just ground the parking brake wire. i'd stay away from their hard drive units. heard a lot of complaints about them. but their regular units have been flawless. i have owned all of them and installed all of them for customers. never a problem.

i actually have two older units left from upgrades. if you want to save some money, as you know the eclipse pieces are a bit pricier than the d3, but i can let these go cheap. if your interested pm me

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:51 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

only on the pioneer. the eclipse has one cd drive, and one dvd drive that uses navigation as well. it doesnt do memory nav like the pioneer

How about the models with 2 DVD drives, can you navigate and watch DVD, or does it still lack the memory to do this (so it would just enable you not to have to tamper with the NAV DVD)