AVIC411.com

Avic D3 Install

If there's anyone out there who has installed a D3 in a 2004 XLT Ford Ranger will you let me know if there's anything difficult about the install ? I read the D3 won't fit, so I want to know what does," won't fit" means to them ! Thanks !!

will you let me know if there's anything difficult about the install?

What does difficult mean to you?

I read the D3 won't fit, so I want to know what does," won't fit" means to them!

I was told it wouldnt fit into a mercury cougar (by Crutchfield/CC/BB)... I googled to see if a double din adapter existed... it did... therefore it fits

then i asked on my car forums regarding some dash bezel issues and got more answers there

ive only been a member on this site for 4 days and i honestly cannot believe how LAZY people are... you are installing an expensive aftermarket radio for christs sake... im sure you did some research b4 you bought it as to the features and such... why cant you do some research on the install as well... stuff like this would get you flamed/banned on other forums

I read the D3 won't fit, so I want to know what does," won't fit" means to them!

I was told it wouldnt fit into a mercury cougar (by Crutchfield/CC/BB)... I googled to see if a double din adapter existed... it did... therefore it fits

then i asked on my car forums regarding some dash bezel issues and got more answers there

ive only been a member on this site for 4 days and i honestly cannot believe how LAZY people are... you are installing an expensive aftermarket radio for christs sake... im sure you did some research b4 you bought it as to the features and such... why cant you do some research on the install as well... stuff like this would get you flamed/banned on other forums

WELL MR KNOW IT ALL BEFORE YOU CALL PEOPLE LAZY YOU SHOULD KNOW ALL THE FACTS. I HAVE NOT BOUGHT THE D3. I WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT IF IT WAS TOO DIFFILCULT A JOB FOR ME. I HAVE CHECKED OUT 3 DIFFERENT SITES, SO I WAS DOING RESEARCH WITH PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY DID THE INSTALL. I WASN'T SURE IF I WANTED THE D3,5510 OR 7000.THE DIFFICULTY OF THE JOB WOULD HELP ME DECIDE.SO INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING, I THOUGHT WE WERE ALL HERE TO HELP EACH OTHER

im not claiming to be a know-it-all... im just saying and agreeing with many others that information here is expected to be spoon-fed

now, if u had came here and stated you looked for a dash kit and talked to some people and did some work for-yourself then it would be a different story... u now say u were at 3 different sites... knowing that would have helped

and again, as for difficulty... its such an irellevent (sp?) term... personally i think tearing my dash apart is easy, just time consuming

ive only been a member on this site for 4 days and i honestly cannot believe how LAZY people are... you are installing an expensive aftermarket radio for christs sake... im sure you did some research b4 you bought it as to the features and such... why cant you do some research on the install as well... stuff like this would get you flamed/banned on other forums[/quote

Ok, Scrupul0us no problem forget about it. I'm really directing my question to people who have installed in a 2004 Ranger.I wanted to know if there were anything unique to the truck and how it looks.

i guess my first step would be to head to the metra website and see what they have in the way of a dash kit

now.. another question would be do u have an aftermarket deck already installed?

im assuming NO since you are inquiring about the difficulty of install...

i dont mind helpin ya out with questions :)

i guess my first step would be to head to the metra website and see what they have in the way of a dash kit

now.. another question would be do u have an aftermarket deck already installed?

im assuming NO since you are inquiring about the difficulty of install...

i dont mind helpin ya out with questions :)

No, I have the stock unit. I never heard of the Metra website. I'm going there now. Thanks !