AVIC411.com

2002 Audi A6 Symphony II Bose

As far as I know behind the cluster is the best and only location I have used. If you use a wire harness it should give you constant acc ill, double check but usually the metra harness 70-1787 works but I am not positive, Do you have Bose? As far as the speen sense and other wires this is what I have, please be sure to test before assuming these are correct

Speed Sense white/blue or white/green radio or instrument cluster

12volts red + ignition harness Ignition black + ignition harness

post-6734-12872752197661_thumb.jpg

post-6734-12872752203201_thumb.jpg

Thanks Shooter. Yes - it is Bose / Symphony II which means the factory head unit uses the Can bus system to get most of this information (VSS, illumination). If it was Symphony I, these wires would be available at the radio location. I will take another crack at removing the instrument cluster. I already have the metra harness.

btw, very nice set up!

I have an 2002 A4 B6 and if they are the same I can help you out.

- ACC 12+ needs to come from the fuse panel, nothing behind the Bose for that.

- Ill. needs to come from behind the light switch

- VSS is bl/whte wire located in the green connector behind the cluster (just about behind fuel gauge).

Best of luck

• 1 year later...

acc is located above clutch(assuming u have one). remove knee bolster and in the taped loom above clutch acc will be thick black wire. it is the same in automatic however above where clutch would be....

vss is in kick panel on drivers side if u have a wire in pin 13, blue and white that is it. otherwise u need to tap into abs control mod under hood.

as for illum. i got it from the headlight switch. turn it to "O" push in til it clicks, and turn clockwise, grey and blue wire.