AVIC411.com

Do I have to send them the brain for the flex cable upgrade?

I talked to the Pioneer service rep, and they said to send in the head unit and the hideaway brain, but I heard a few horror stories of people not receiving back the brain. Has anyone succesfully gotten the flex cable upgrade with sending the brain to them? Thanks.

Actually, one of the guys that posted on here before said that he never got the brain unit back for his N1 or N2. And when he contacted Pioneer about it, they told him that they never received the brain along w/ the N1.

Also, another poster here said that he sent his head unit in w/out sending in the brain unit and everything worked out fine for him when he received his HU back.

As for me, I sent in the brain along w/ the the HU, and I received everything I turned back, but my gripe w/ Pioneer is that they upgraded the brain to the 60 series nav disk and my old 40 series disks stopped working. Their customer service reps weren't very helpful either.

Hope this info helps and good luck w/ you. Also, where are you sending in your Avic to btw? If your on the east coast, try sending in only the HU since the second guy I mentioned about in this post sent only his HU to the east coast repair center. It seems like all the problems are coming from the west coast repair center out in Long Beach.