AVIC411.com

D3 with Aftermarket Sub and Amp?

I installed a D3 in my 07 Civic Si. I hooked up an aftermarket sub and amp to the HU. I used the Non-Fading output and the remote turn on. I also did the bypass. The bypass works fine, but for some reason there is minimal sound coming from my sub. When I undid the bypass (removed and placed the mute wire in it's original position and ungrounded mute wire) my sub worked just fine. Has anyone ran into this problem?

hey small boto :lol: i had the same problem but i found out that my rca wire was messed up. I also had a ground problem with the amp i had.. i don't know if this will help but information wont hurt any one right? But also check out the setting on the deck... i had to play with the eq because my sub were clipping alot .

hey small boto :lol: i had the same problem but i found out that my rca wire was messed up. I also had a ground problem with the amp i had.. i don't know if this will help but information wont hurt any one right? But also check out the setting on the deck... i had to play with the eq because my sub were clipping alot .

Gotta be from Hawaii! :D I get one hammah 4 u brah! Nah. I tried three different kinds of RCA's, all with the same result. Checked the grounds and they was all good. I played with with every sound mechanism on the HU with no positive results. When I put the mute wire back to the original spot though, everything was good.

I played with every sound setting on the HU, including the subwoofer and non fading level settings. My point is I have the D3 hooked up the way it's supposed to be hooked up and it works fine. When I do the bypass, none of the preout's work, well, they do, but there is very little sound coming from the sub. I have a RE Audio 12.1 Mono Class D for my RE Audio SE 12" Sub.