AVIC411.com

Thinking about buyin an N2.

I want to buy an N2 but the only thing I hate is that you have to constantly take the Nav DVD in and out when trying to navigate. I just found out that there are no Pioneer MP3 players and that sucks but what are my other options? I also heard the the ipod interface sucks on the N2 so I guess that's no worth it. How bad is the interface? My last question is. Are there any other units out there by another company that is comparable to the N2? Thanks guys.

The ipod interface on the N2 was real bad, it was greatly improved on the N3 so you might look into that. For an N2, you can just run an ipod in through the A/V input and control it from the ipod for fastest operation.

If you wanted to add on something to play mp3 cds, you might look at the XDVP6 six disk dvd changer. Its expensive but it would solve your problem.

Artist searches took like three seconds in between each artist. The screen will be all blank except for one line of text at the top of the screen and the arrow buttons. You can go from playlist to playlist with the up and down arrows, and song up and down with the left and right arrows but you have no idea which list you are going to unless you remember what music you had put in each one

Ok here's my dilemma. Thanks for you quick responses. Nobody seems to respond to threads on this site...Anyways.

The only reason I want the n2 as opposed to any other deck is because I have fabricated my dash to have my already-installed-7" lcd at the bottom and I have 1 din slot above that........that way I could navigate on the n2 and play movies on the 2nd lcd if I wanted to.

I think i could deal with 3secs....that's bad but it aint that bad...for the most part I'm used to listening to mp3 cds so an ipod would be a step up for me. I probably wouldn't have more than 500 songs on it anyways. You think I could put up with it or is it just that bad? Also does the 60 series upgrade change the way the ipod interface looks?

You'd need the n3 brain for the upgraded ipod interface. And who says no one responds to threads here. Sometimes it takes time. Or are you referring to your other post, which you deleted after getting some responses you didn't like?

I do my best to read ever new post made when I log in, and respond anytime I have something to say that might be helpful either to the poster or the forum overall. I know most of the regulars here try and do the same

You should have seen this forum 6 months ago. 5-10 new posts per day. This place is, what a little over a year old I think. Anyway, the only reason anyone made any comments about your deleted post is becuase if someone else happens to end up with the same problem, now there's no info there for them to see how the problem can be fixed. then again it's not like too many people here search anyway, but that's a whole other can of worms...

The N2 will memorize a 150 mile route so you don't have to recalculate unless you change routes. Switching the disk in and out is a pain, but the navigation in this unit is fantastic!! Sure wish the navi info was on a hard drive, but in traveling it is worth the inconvenience.

An option is to use the MP3 player controls and play through the Aux. I'm about to buy a refurbed iRiver that holds 30 gigs. That should beat the heck out of the 12 disk CD changer I had to give up.

And, hey, this site is great for info and help......

It will memorize much longer than 150 miles

The N2 will memorize a 150 mile route so you don't have to recalculate unless you change routes. Switching the disk in and out is a pain, but the navigation in this unit is fantastic!! Sure wish the navi info was on a hard drive, but in traveling it is worth the inconvenience.

An option is to use the MP3 player controls and play through the Aux. I'm about to buy a refurbed iRiver that holds 30 gigs. That should beat the heck out of the 12 disk CD changer I had to give up.

And, hey, this site is great for info and help......