AVIC411.com

VSS & backup wires for 2005 Camry?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the info - it was dead-on accurate!

Unfortunately, I'm real unhappy with the look of the final installation. 2005 Camry has a double din radio with a stupid over sized, curved face on it.

I used a dash kit from "Best Kits". I think maybe its American International or something. It probably wasn't the right kit to use, I think it was meant to adapt a single din unit into that over sized opening, but that's all I had available.

I trimmed the supplied bezel to remove the center divider, and to allow the top of the unit to protrude slightly to make up for the lack of curvature. It's not horrible, but I'm not proud of it either!

Can one of you pro's recommend the proper install kit to use? I gotta pull the unit back out to install the camera whenever it finally arrives, so it's gonna have to come apart again anyway... Metra, Scoshe, etc? Part number and/or source would be great!

Thanks again for the help!

Not a problem. When you get the kit though the lower lip on it is fairly flimsy. What I normally do to help reinforce it is take some double sided tape and stick it on the bottom of the kit so that it stick that to the dash piece. You'll see what I mean once you actually get the kit.

Bought the kit this morning & installed it. Looks waaaaay better now, plus the OEM mounts are more secure than the plastic ones in the AI kit...

I didn't have any issue with the bottom being 'flimsy'... The top of the bezel still sits a little proud of the dash, so when I install the camera, I will deepen the grooves a little to give a hair more adjustment there so that it will sit perfectly flush.

Thanks again for the info, hope I won't be doing any more installs anytime soon!