AVIC411.com

speaker reccomendations for my new z1

Hi guys, I am new to this site, just got my z1 and i love it! by the way your knowledge on this stuff is amazing!!. that is why i am asking your opinions.
I am looking to upgrade my stock speakers in my 2006 f250 4x4 which has 5x7 or 6x8 speakers for better ones willing to spend about 150 a pair. Any suggestions? also i prefer pretty much a plug and play set up. Thanks in advanced and looking forward to being active on this site
I replaced my 4 speakers in my Aviator with these boston acoustic S85's I kept the factory sub and amp, but together I think that they sound really good.

[url=http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SBE3yQBFA7t/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?search=S85&i=065S85]http://www.crutchfield.com/S-SBE3yQBFA7 ... 5&i=065S85[/url]

If you can fit them, I have heard good things about the Infinity Kappa series. But I could only fit them in the front doors and they said my rear doors wouldn't fit so I chose the BA S85's all around. I think with the sub they sound good. Crank the Division Bell by Pink Floyd and they are very clear and loud enough to hurt my ears.
Yes, I agree with Ducatiboy- BA is pretty good, for the dough you're willing to spend. For a little over twice that, though (about $360) you can get a set of Focal (pronounced Focaaaaaal) coaxes and they're amazing! For 100% more money, you get 1000% more sound quality.
I have 4 6.5 Infinity Kappa's with a 4 channel Alpine Amp pushing them, the clarity is amazing, they run about $200. I got them on sale, so maybe you can as well.

[url=http://www.ultimateelectronics.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=5298&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=5298]http://www.ultimateelectronics.com/shop ... uctID=5298[/url]

Boston Acoustic, if you are willing to spend more, would be great as well
Any good place to order the focal stuff? They seem forign and I didn't notice any US place to order them. I like the Infinity and BA stuff too. I probably won't replace my BA stuff cause I think it sounds real nice, but just incase for the future.
I have the 2005 F350 and went with Diamond Audio Separates in the front. I had the Pioneer Rev series 5X7 in the doors before I upgraded. They sounded pretty good. If your not going to add an amp then Any 100.00 speaker set will work just fine.
I just got JL TRxi's put in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. For their base line of speakers, they are absolutely amazing. 6x9's in front, 6 1/2's in the rear doors, 3 1/2's in the dash. All six speakers cost me $280 installed. I added a JL 12" sub in a custom-built enclosure for another $350. I've had nothing but high end components in the past and never had a system that sounded better. I may never buy "expensive" speakers again. I had to be talked into getting these "lower end" coaxials installed by my installer who's put in $8k systems in for me in the past. I couldn't believe my ears. They're perfectly balanced with crystal clear highs (not harsh), balanced mids, and ample bass. Plus they're much more efficient than components. I recommend running good clean power to them for maximum effect. I'm running an old set of phoenix gold x series through them and they sound superb. A 500 watt mono and a 75x4 watt amp. An Avic Z1 is the brains of the system. I can listen to them at loud volumes for hours without getting fatigued. Don't waste your money on components. Trust me, with today's techonology and media formats, these are the way to go.
ok, i just went and had 2 pair of pioneer tsd801p speakers with a pioneer gm6200f amp installed about an hour ago. I am sure that there are much better combos but i just like the way it came together its sounds clean and has enough volume for the small interior space. there wasnt any room for a sub but then again i really wasnt planning on getting one in the first place
thanks for everyones input.