AVIC411.com

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I recently purchased a D2 from Circuit City, open-box. It was the display unit, so I got it for a pretty good price.

My problem is, they didn't know how to take the Nav out of "Demo mode" and there's a disc locked in the DVD ROM drive. Anybody know how to remove the Demo Mode? They told me it's so that customers can see how the nav worked, but also prevented thieves from using it, if they stole it. They were supposed to call and let me know, but they still haven't yet.

I've tried contacting Pioneer, but haven't heard from them either.

Thanks.

Thanks for the fast response.

I tried what you suggested, but when I touch the MAP button it goes to a white screen that says "Please Insert the Appropriate Disc". I can't change the disc, for 2 reasons, 1) Circuit City hasn't given mine to me yet, and 2) the one in the drive won't eject. CC said it was "locked". I also get this same response when I press DEST, INFO, or any other button related to the NAV system.

There's a way to unlock the dvd drive. Mine was like this when I got it and it wouldn't let me eject the disc that was already in the dvd drive. I forgot exactly how to do it, but you need to press a combination of 2 buttons while turning on the unit to disable / enable disc lock. I remember reading about how to disable the disc lock somewhere in the forum, but lost the link to it. I hope this helps.

try this:

EJECT LOCK MODE for DVD mechanism

In order to enter "EJECT LOCK" mode, reset start while pressing the "AV" and "INFO" keys together.

Pressing the "AV" and "INFO" keys until monitor backlight is turned on.

In order to exit "EJECT LOCK" mode, follow the same steps to enter this mode

try this:

EJECT LOCK MODE for DVD mechanism

In order to enter "EJECT LOCK" mode, reset start while pressing the "AV" and "INFO" keys together.

Pressing the "AV" and "INFO" keys until monitor backlight is turned on.

In order to exit "EJECT LOCK" mode, follow the same steps to enter this mode

I pressed and held "AV" and "INFO" and pressed the little Reset button under the SOURCE button, and it unlocked the drive. Thanks.

Everything works now. Just gotta make a new copy of the East Coast CD, cause it's got some heat-damage to it, so it's hard to use sometimes.