AVIC411.com

DVD+R DL MP3/WMA doable on D3?

I have a D3 on order from CF but have a lingering question they could not answer. Will the D3 play DVD+R DVD's? The books says DVD-R DVD's are supported. If so will it accept DVD+R DL? I'd love to be able to load up 8GB of MP3/WMA music on just one disc and have my whole collection of music with me all the time.

Well, the copies of my nav disk that I use with my unit are dvd+r dl so it works at least for that. So i cant imagine why it would not work for audio as well. At least that shows the unit can read beyond the layer break for dvd+r dl which is the only thing that matters as far as i know with dl disk.

It will work with DVD+R DVD-R DVD-RW DVD+RW but it will not work with Dual Layer DVD's.

This is per the manual and by trial. I could not get it to read the DL DVD's.

I have also tryed CDR and CDRW but it seams to have some issues with multisesion disks. Only a few of the multisesion disks work on mine.

Hope this helps.

It will work with DVD+R DVD-R DVD-RW DVD+RW but it will not work with Dual Layer DVD's.

This is per the manual and by trial. I could not get it to read the DL DVD's.

I have also tryed CDR and CDRW but it seams to have some issues with multisesion disks. Only a few of the multisesion disks work on mine.

Hope this helps.

It DOES read DL DVD movies as well as my copied nav disk. I have tested it with commercial store bought/rented movies as well as copied and home movies on DL DVD+R disk. The manual says it will not read DL DVD-R disk recorded in layer break mode. I use a mac, plextor PX-740A burner, verbatim disk, and toast as well as imovie to burn my disk. If you are having problems with reading DL DVD+R disk you might want to check the settings in your app or on your burner as well as your media, memorex is absolutely the worst and that is mostly what you find at large chain stores like walmart.

It will not play a recordable DVD loaded with mp3's regardless if it’s single layer or dual layer. Which is precisely why I’m getting the new Kenwood NAV. This is an incredible oversight by Pioneer since the hardware obviously can support it.

I have not tested this yet, but the specs say it will play mp3 dvd's.

Alright guys, The D3 DOES indeed play MP3 dvd's just as the feature description says for the D3. I tested with a DVD-RW as well as a DVD+R. I did not test with DL DVD with MP3'S but I have played many movies on DL DVD+R and they play just fine so I cant imagine why a DL MP3 disk would not work.

It will not play a recordable DVD loaded with mp3's regardless if it’s single layer or dual layer. Which is precisely why I’m getting the new Kenwood NAV. This is an incredible oversight by Pioneer since the hardware obviously can support it.

You might want to check you settings in your app or your burner. Another brand of media might make a difference as well.

I had no trouble getting MP3s recorded on a DVD-R to play. I used Itunes as the burning tool. Real simple. Only problem is very cumbersome to navigate through all the folders. 4.7 Gig is a lot of music to scroll through.

Scroll through? Doesn't the deck do any sort of categorization? By artist, title etc. I would think that if I burned a DVD with, say 30 folders of artists it would list the folders and then let me scroll through that particular one, right?

Also, how fast does it read and display the track info once the DVD with MP3's is inserted?