AVIC411.com

Its probable that PIONEER wouldnt make it too much harder than last years bypass. They are interested in selling these units even if the supply is not able to keep up with the demand yet. Has anyone checked into cracking the can on one of these units yet? Most likely something easy without affecting the actual board or internals. If anyone has Japanese ties the CARROZERIA unit has been hacked and its possible that the hardware is similar. DONT PAY FOR THE BYPASS whatever you do. True enthusiasts will have no problem sharing. I have one of these units instock in my store and will try to get to work on it. Whatever it is my guess is that its something basicly simple to do.

This is what the guy sent me... not sure if it would work or not.

AVIC Z2 Video Bypass.

I am not an installer, and did not make the Mod. I improved it so a person could install the mod, even if they are not an installer. You take your own risk, when installing this mod, and if you drive while watching the player.

I don't put any warranty or guarantee on any part of this mod, and it is only for the AVIC Z2. It works on my Dodge 2500. The mod that was given to me did not mention anything about the speed sensor, but if you don't put a switch on the speed sensor, it will not work. You must also put a switch on the park brake wire. And last, this part is not fun, you must cut open the gps wire and get the center wire out from the ground, and put a switch on that center wire. Making sure that you don't cut the shield (ground wire). I drove from Baton Rouge to New Orleans watching I Robot, and it worked great. I was told that after 3500 miles you had to reset it, but I am not sure of that. I hope that someone will come out with a better mod, but for now this is all I can find. Good luck. And 73ssss

I have pictures of everything. The mod I had did not come with pictures, just text. It also did not tell you any of the color codes.

1. Find the E Brake (park brake wire). This wire is light green. Put a wire from this wire down to one side of a single pole switch. Then place a wire from the other side of the switch to Ground, or black in the harness.

2. Find the pink wire. This wire is the speed sensor wire. Cut the wire in half, add a piece of wire from one side of the cut wire to 1 pin of the switch, then put another wire from the other pole of the switch to the other pink wire that you cut. When you flip the switch it will make the circuit.

3. Find the GPS wire, it will be black and have a round plug on the end. The other end goes to your GPS antenna. What I did was pull any extra wire I had and used the loop to go to my switch. Now comes to tricky part, take a razor knife and cut the jacket off the GPS wire, where you want to put the switch. Don't cut too deep. About 1 1/2 inches of black insulation should be off the wire. Now take your razor knife and try to separate the braid of the shield. When you see the wire inside the

braided wire, pull it out. It will make a loop. Now you can cut that loop, and put a switch on each side of the loop you cut.

Here are some pictures to show you how I did it.

GPS wire in a loop, for switching off GPS

Speed sensor is pink wire, and parking brake light is green wire.

GPS wire cut in the middle with switch put in the middle.

All 3 switches wired and tested. The Mod works!!!!!

AVICZ2VideoBypas.doc

This has been around for years, since the N2 took so long to figure out. Its not a true bypass because the idea behind a bypass is to have full operation of nav AND video while in motion. Using a switch to cut off GPS signal means that your nav will not function properly because there is no GPS antenna signal