AVIC411.com

bluetooth update, does it fix audio quality too?

Hey everyone..

I know the bluetooth update fixes the echo issue that a lot of people seem to be having. I have a pre-June (or pre-July, whichever it is) unit but I don't have the echo issue whatsoever. What a lot of people do tell me though, is that the audio quality on their end isn't so great... mostly complaints of a static-y type noise or like it's really windy (even if the car is stopped).

So does the bluetooth update improve the actual outgoing audio quality too? Does anybody else ever get complaints regarding quality (as opposed to just the echo)?

I would guess if it's "static-ie" then it could be a bad connection between the bluetooth adapter and the phone. Or a bad connection between the phone and the cellular tower. Generally the speaker phones are not quite so good and this one is not great either but I have never had any one complain about it. When I had the phone further away from the bluetooth module in the car, under stuff I noticed poor quality audio, when I moved it closer, it got better.

If there is static, the bluetooth update won't help, it's just the echo. You can try it, it won't hurt anything but make you change the bypass if you have one.

But if it's more static I would move the phone closer to the bluetooth module or replace the module or cell phone and test that again.