AVIC411.com

If you set the gains on your amps peoperly, you won't notice a difference

[quote name="rerock"]Wanted to know has anyone had or seen any problems with the 2.2 volt pre out. Someone said its going to be a little strange going from a 5 volt that I had with my eclipse radio to this. What do you guys think?[/quote]
I agree on matching up the voltage on the power amps. The Z1 replaced a Pioneer P9 with matching DEX unit, one of the better head units and SQ competition grade. I'm running a Macintosh A/B amp, so I am a little picky. But the Z1 is a clean signal -- plenty clean enough for auto environment. Now if you have a golden ear and spent thousands sound-proofing your interior, then spring for the high-end head unit. But make sure you match it with other high-end components.
Thats great to know and I dont know if anyone has had problems with other pioneer navs. like the d1 or n3 but I have seen that they do give off some engine noise. Has anyone had any problems with four channel amps and that whinning noise through the speakers with the Z1.
[quote name="johnpsc"] I'm running a Macintosh A/B amp [/quote]
Nice.
I have not had any problems with external amplifiers with either my Z1 or my D1. Engine noise (alternator whine) can ALWAYS be traced back to the gound. Some are more persistant than others.